"Our state grows excellent peaches, and this is one recipe I'm quick to pull out when they are in season. It's a tender, moist cake that receives rave reviews wherever I take it. -Betty Jean Gosnell, Inman, South Carolina"
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen peaches
- confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream. Fold in the peaches.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Credit BY: Betty Jean Gosnell allrecipe.com