Prep: 5 min.,
Grill: 6 min.
We didn't think pound cake could get any better until Mary Allen suggested we grill it. Choose homemade, frozen, or fresh store-bought cake.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons pineapple cream cheese
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices pound cake
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries
1. Spread pineapple cream cheese evenly over 1 side of 4 pound cake slices. Top with remaining 4 pound cake slices.
2. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Top with whipped cream and berries. Serve immediately.
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Buffy Hargett myrecipe
Southern Living, JUNE 2007