This is my sorbet version of a favorite drink - Pina Colada! It's creamy, cool, pineapple-coconutty and a wonderful summer dessert. Enjoy!
Original recipe yield 5.75 / cups
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (20 ounce) can canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Make a syrup by bringing the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat, stir and boil until the liquid becomes clear, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Blend the drained pineapple in a blender or food processor until very smooth and frothy. In a large bowl, whisk together the syrup, pineapple puree, coconut milk, and lime juice. Refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- Freeze in the freezer canister of an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
SUBMITTED BY: CALLALILLIE PHOTO BY: Asli Ocak