- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4 cups crisped rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 2 pints mint chip ice cream, slightly softened
- 1In a large bowl, combine the chocolate and cereal until the cereal is completely coated. Transfer to a 9-inch springform pan. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Freeze just until firm, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2Spread the ice cream in the prepared crust and freeze, covered, until firm, for at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.
- By Sara Quessenberry, July 2009
Nutritional Information Servings Per Recipe 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 363
- Calories From Fat 164
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 33g
- Fiber 0g
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Sodium 160mg
- Cholesterol 25mg
Gourmet chocolate contains high-quality cacao beans and a high percentage of cocoa butter. Inferior chocolate often has sugar added to mask the flavor.