Rolled oats add heartiness to the filling of this classic Thanksgiving dessert. Make the pie up to a day ahead, but store it in the refrigerator if you do.
12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup regular oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 325°.
Roll dough into an 11-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute.
Combine brown sugar and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Pour into prepared crust. Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 311 (33% from fat)
- 11.3g (sat 3.5g,mono 5g,poly 2.6g)
Laura Martin, Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2006